Friday, May 16, 2008

May 16

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

What does it really mean when I say in Step Six, "Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character"? It means I have to stop struggling, remembering I admitted my powerlessness in Step One, and put the responsibility for the removal of my character defects into the hands of God. Am I then supposed to just sit idly by, waiting, "twiddling my thumbs"? Certainly not. I have a responsibility, too. My part, however, is not to enter into the struggle again, but to become increasingly aware of the reality and presence of God in my life. To prepare myself for this, I have to spend some time each day alone with my Higher Power in quiet prayer and meditation. This daily discipline is my assignment.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

May Your presence in my life become ever more real to me, and may I open myself daily to Your guidance.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

The struggle is not mine; I put it in God's hands. My part is to draw nearer to God.

Emotions Anonymous (Find a meeting near you!), Order Today

No comments: