Thursday, May 15, 2008

May 15

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

Sometimes people tend to try and control others for their own needs. Even though I fell into the receiving end of this most of my life, I now have a choice in the matter. I can refuse to be controlled by others, if I do what is right for me, without fear of repercussions or verbal abuse. I am stronger now, and my courage to speak up on matters of principle comes from my Higher Power. I will not turn down this gift of courage because of fear of what others might think, say, or do in retaliation.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

May I realize that what others do or say is not necessarily an honest judgment of me as a person. Even if they meant it as such, I need only answer to You.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

I do not have to let others control me. I have the Twelve Steps to use as my guide, not the judgments of others.

Emotions Anonymous (Find a meeting near you!), Order Today

No comments: