Saturday, May 10, 2008

May 10

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

I often did things for others to make me feel good about myself, but the good feelings lasted only temporarily. What an exciting discovery to become aware my good feelings could never last from only "doing." Good feelings had to come to me from "being," as in being aware of what is really going on inside of me and accepting myself as I am, being responsible for myself, sharing my feelings with others and asking for what I need. Self-worth is actually a by-product of being honest. By following the guidance of my Higher Power, who often works through other people, I can take the risk of being myself and letting my actions be led.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

Thank You, God, for this new understanding. If I forget and try to go back to get my self-worth from only doing, I trust You will give me a nudge to let me know I am headed down the wrong path.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

Self-worth comes from being honest and responsible.

Emotions Anonymous (Find a meeting near you!), Order Today

No comments: