Saturday, May 24, 2008

May 24

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

Remembering the ruts and holes I used to dig myself into, I have finally realized that many of my depressions are caused by my character defect of procrastination. I wait until the last moment to do all the things I have been planning to do for several months. When everything falls due at the same time, it is not possible to accomplish all the goals, and then I lay a guilt trip to depression land. I am learning to keep my "job list" realistic and to do the best I can with it.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

Remind me that procrastination can lead me one rut closer to my deep hole of depression.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

I will do at least one thing from my "job list" today, whether big or small, and be grateful I could accomplish something; there were many days in the past when I could not.

Emotions Anonymous (Find a meeting near you!), Order Today

No comments: