Thursday, May 08, 2008

May 8

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

If I think I am perfect, then I cannot make mistakes. I either have to deny the mistakes I do make or blame them on someone else (difficult if the other person refuses to accept blame). Because I must do a thing perfectly or not at all, I am afraid to try something new. I might make mistakes while learning, or I might make a fool of myself. I cannot be human if I insist on being perfect. Only humans can have fun by allowing themselves to appear foolish while making mistakes and learning from them.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

May I remember the fun I missed trying to be perfect, and the energy I wasted holding back or trying too hard. May I not take myself so seriously.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

Only God is perfect. I am human; therefore, I will mistakes.

Emotions Anonymous (Find a meeting near you!), Order Today

No comments: