Tuesday, March 20, 2007

March 20

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

One of the features of emotional illness is repression and suppression of emotions. Feelings are considered bad or wrong, and willpower is used to deny and avoid these feelings. This leads to an increasing load of emotional pain and confusion. Identifying and releasing feelings is one of the essential first steps to recovery of emotional health. Feelings are neither good nor bad and not to be judged and condemned. They are to be appropriately experienced and expressed. I need not feel guilty about the way I feel. I am responsible for making the decision to accept my feelings and manage them appropriately. Will I be a friend to my feelings today?

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

God, please help me to let You guide me and strengthen me as I live a new emotional way of life.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

Acceptance, experience, and expression - not condemnation, repression, and suppression.

Emotions Anonymous (Find a meeting near you!), Order Today

No comments: