Saturday, March 10, 2007

March 10

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

I used to view success as outward achievements and material gains. Today success looks much different. Real success is not external, but internal. Each time I risk and challenge something, I learn more about myself, and I feel successful. By facing myself, I gain more and more understanding and acceptance of both my strengths and my weaknesses. This understanding creates compassion. To gain compassion for one's self is to achieve success. Only by being compassionate with ourselves will we keep the door open to continued growth.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

Because I understand how imperative having compassion for myself is to my continued growth, I pray for the ability to talk kindly to myself instead of being self-rejecting.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

If we have not learned to live with ourselves, what benefit are achievements and material gains?

Emotions Anonymous (Find a meeting near you!), Order Today

No comments: