Friday, March 09, 2007

March 9

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

Could I go a whole day, a whole twenty-four hours, without "trying to improve or regulate anybody except myself?" It does not seem like a difficult task. After all, I am the only one I can change. Yet why do I expend so much of my energy on trying to change others? How do I know what is good for another person? Most of the time I don't know what is good for me. Today I will try extremely hard to accept other people, regardless of their behavior. Today I will concentrate on my qualities, bad or good, and let the other person be an individual with human foibles. If this dedication to myself only works five hours today, maybe it will last six hours tomorrow, and I will have taken another giant step on my path toward serenity.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

Help me to let You make all the improvements on the human race.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

During this day I will accept others as they are- human, just like me, and entitled to their humanity.

Emotions Anonymous, Order Today

No comments: