Saturday, March 17, 2007

March 17

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

This day is often spent in celebrations of all kinds by those people of Irish heritage and many others we are Irish for the day. My memories evoke many boisterous parties that ended disastrously. Anger and bitterness spilled over many friends and relatives. Like other holidays, when spent alone, it can be traumatic. Since working on my life with the Twelve Steps, I have found it is possible to celebrate sanely - to be with loving, understanding friends and to have fun without the emotional upheavals of the past. I have to be willing to reach out to all caring people of all races and say, "Let's be Irish together today."

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

Help me remember that holidays can be good days if I celebrate wisely as the program teaches me. Do not ever let me dread another "special" day.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

I cannot be a parade by myself.

Emotions Anonymous (Find a meeting near you!), Order Today

No comments: