Tuesday, March 06, 2007

March 6

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

Nothing is scarier than the unknown, so naturally, letting go of symptoms and old behavior was frightening. Even though I was miserable, I wondered what would replace this void. Recognizing that the energy I had put into keeping my symptoms alive was energy I could also use to develop my creativity gave me a great deal of hope for the positive direction my life could take. When the fear of returning to the pain of my self-defeating behavior became greater than my fear of the unknown, it was easier to face that fear. Little by little I let go of my old ways.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

May I continue to use my energy to grow, to be responsible, and to be creative. May I no longer let fear control my life.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

By giving up self-defeating behavior, I will not become just an empty vessel.

Emotions Anonymous, Order Today

No comments: