Thursday, February 08, 2007

February 8

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

I am a "caretaker." I thought I knew what was best for everyone. They would be fine if they would only follow my advice. When they did not, I became frustrated and angry and felt rejected. The program teaches me that God is in charge, not me. I resent other people trying to control me; why shouldn't other people resent my trying to control them? I am not God. I am powerless to change anyone but myself. When I get too busy in other people's lives, it is because I am running away from myself.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

May I remember that if I quit running the world, control will revert to the Power who is, and should be, in control - You.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

I am not in charge. God is.

Emotions Anonymous, Order Today

No comments: