Friday, February 02, 2007

February 2

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

In the northern part of the United States we honor a kind of silly tradition called Groundhog Day on this date. As the legend goes, this small animal comes out of hibernation to see if he can see his shadow. If the sun is shining, he runs back into his hole and that is supposed to mean six more weeks of winter, which no one wants. The groundhog reminds me of myself in my pre-program days - afraid of my own shadow. I was afraid of my past, my present, and my future. I believed the remainder of my life would be all winter. There was no love to warm me or any hope to kindle a spark of energy to set my inner furnace working. I have learned I have nothing to be afraid of because I have a Higher Power to turn to. My life has grown to include all four seasons: summer, fall, winter, and spring

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

Help me realize the seasons come from my heart and mind.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

Life is fuller with all four seasons.

Emotions Anonymous, Order Today

No comments: