Tuesday, February 27, 2007

February 27

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

When I am lost in Me-ness, thinking only of myself, what I am really doing is demanding the powers and privileges of a Higher Power. I expect all my plans to turn out just as I want them to; I demand that all my desires be satisfied, that I be perfect in all I do, that others do what I want them to do. In short, I demand that my will be done. Never am I more irrational, more grandiose, and more out of touch with my humanness.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

May I learn to embrace my own humanness instead of futilely trying to transcend it. May I become an accepting person rather than a frustrated, would-be God. May Thy will be done instead of mine.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

I deserve to be human - no more, no less.

Emotions Anonymous, Order Today

No comments: