Saturday, December 16, 2006

December 16

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

The verb "resent" comes from the Latin, meaning "to feel again." When I resent someone, I recycle old anger, hurt, shame and humiliation. This is just like sticking a knife and twisting it. I toss and turn all night while the person I resent is home sleeping like a baby. The EA program shows me the way out of this futile and agonizing self-torture. Powerlessness was my dilemma; today I have the power, through God, to forgive those whom I have allowed to hurt me. I can release myself from these burning resentments.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

May I realize that the more I resent someone, the more I hurt myself.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

To pray for those I resent, even if it is hard to do at first.

Emotions Anonymous, Order Today

No comments: