Thursday, December 14, 2006

December 14

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

Not only am I powerless over some of the things which make my life unmanageable, but also over some things which make it manageable. For example, I am unable to alter, even in the slightest, my self-worth. My value as a human being is determined and fixed by God who has made me a worthwhile person, and there is nothing I can do to change that. Nothing. However, my feelings about me and my worth do change from day to day, from moment to moment, because that is the way it is with feelings: they change. I am powerless over my emotions, including the emotions of self-esteem.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

Help me to accept myself today as I am, even if my self-esteem is not as high as I would like it to be.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

My value comes from God, not from anything I do or fail to do.

Emotions Anonymous, Order Today

No comments: