Tuesday, December 05, 2006

December 5

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

In working the Fourth Step, I found one emotion constantly appearing - fear. Fear denied me the chance of enjoying my present surroundings and relationships. Fear led me to believe that upsetting experiences from my past would recur, so I had to try and control the future. Fear limited my thoughts and actions like a chain attached to my body, dragging me down with its weight. Fear, in effect, stood boldly between me and my goal of serenity and peace of mind. I am learning to replace fear as the controlling force of my life with faith in a loving Higher Power.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

May I let go of behavior and habits which I have clung to in order to handle fearful situations.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

Faith is action.

Emotions Anonymous, Order Today

No comments: