Sunday, December 10, 2006

December 10

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

My tears have always been a source of shame. When I was growing up I was told they were a sign of weakness, self-pity, and foolishness. Consequently, I grew up fighting and repressing them. In the past several years I have slowly learned to accept them as an emotional release, and most importantly, as source of healing. When a grain of sand invades an oyster shell, it causes irritation. Immediately the oyster secretes a liquid much like a tear. This liquid hardens and forms a globe protecting the oyster
from pain. The tear or liquid is called a pearl. So my tears, too, are a beautiful and wonderful function of healing.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

Help me remember my tears are an expression of my inner feelings and they are okay.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

My tears are pearls.

Emotions Anonymous, Order Today

No comments: