Saturday, December 09, 2006

December 9

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

So much of my grief is brought about by my own unrealistic expectations. Before the program, I did not have guidelines or a Higher Power to help me find balance between unrealistic and realistic expectations. High expectations of myself result in high expectations of others. When I fail to meet my own expectations, I feel I have failed. When others fail to measure up, I am angry or hurt. Low expectations of myself are just as damaging and are reflected in my expectations of others as well. Both myself and others are weakened if my expectations are too low.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

Help me to see that a well-balanced outlook on what I expect of others and of myself will do much to eliminate my struggles with living comfortably and having meaningful, healthy relationships.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

I will strive for realistic expectations.

Emotions Anonymous, Order Today

No comments: