Friday, March 28, 2008

March 28

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

Most of us long to be known and understood in depth; yet we resist this self-disclosure, for with it comes a fear of loss. We may fear: What if my loved one dies? Or walks away? How will I survive? The loss won't be so great and won't hurt so much if I don't care so much. Often we are unaware that after intimate moments we create distance by becoming bored, irritated, or angry because we don't want to lose the feeling of being in control of our lives. We can be assured our fear of intimacy is normal, yet hurtful if we allow it to control us.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

May I be reminded that unless I risk the loss, I will remain lonely and empty in the present moment.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

To let someone love me, I need to be vulnerable. To be vulnerable, I have to let go of control. I will resist closing up or running away.

Emotions Anonymous (Find a meeting near you!), Order Today

No comments: