Saturday, March 22, 2008

March 22

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

When I first started to work the Twelve Steps, I felt when I got to Step Twelve my life would be manageable and I would not be powerless. I did get to Step Twelve, and many parts of my life became manageable, but I am still as powerless as when I first started. My Higher Power is making today manageable, not my power. The word "manage" means to control, to take charge of, to succeed in accomplishing. Am I willing to admit I can't control, take charge of, or succeed in life by myself? To admit I am powerless over my emotions is one thing, but to admit I can't manage my own life sounds hopeless and helpless. But there is help and hope with a Higher Power as my manager.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

Help me to see what areas of my life I am still trying to manage and help me to turn them over to You.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

My Higher Power is a better manager than I am.

Emotions Anonymous (Find a meeting near you!), Order Today

No comments: