Friday, March 21, 2008

March 21

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

A person who continues to run from pain ultimately finds he or she has to deal with some type of neurosis: depression, anxiety, or some other obsessive or compulsive behavior. Only when my pain became so great did I stop running. Then I had to deal with both the pain my neurosis created, plus the original pain I had run from in the first place. Once I learned I was creating more pain by running, I became more willing to face myself honestly on a daily basis. As I deal with my pain, I keep from developing another type of neurosis.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

If I begin to run, God, slow me, for I know You do not want me to hurt myself anymore.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

As I face my pain, I learn about myself, and my pain turns into a gain.

Emotions Anonymous (Find a meeting near you!), Order Today

No comments: