Wednesday, October 31, 2007

October 31

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

Halloween - the traditional day for disguises and masquerades. Most of my life I have been wearing masks and showing a phony facade to the world. Much of the time pride has been at the root of this deception (self-deception as well), usually disguising itself as a virtue. I have a never-ending job of uncovering, pride daily so it does not push me backward. Forward is the way I want to go. Pride hides my faults from me and keeps me from helping others, as well as myself. It slows my growth and gives me a false sense of security.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

I pray I can be realistic enough to accept my assets without being proud.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

I am through with masks and masquerading - except at Halloween parties.

Emotions Anonymous (Find a meeting near you!), Order Today

No comments: