Saturday, May 26, 2007

May 26

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

Sometimes I dwell on a problem which has no quick and easy answer. It might be a troubled relationship, a problem at work, sexual difficulties, physical pain, or any of a multitude of situations that cannot be fixed instantly to my liking. By remaining focused on a negative aspect of my life, I activate character defects such as self-pity, resentment, anger, and false guilt. When I accept the fact that life involved much problem-solving, and a necessary ingredient for sane living is the ability to peacefully endure until a solution is discovered, I am able to let go of the urgency of the problem facing me. By not tying up all my energies in the unpleasantness and hopelessness of a problem, I free myself to turn to my Higher Power for help in finding the right answer.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

Help me to let go of my childish desire to have no problems, and to patiently trust that answers will unfold as I continue to work the program.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

I can live at peace with unsolved problems.

Emotions Anonymous (Find a meeting near you!), Order Today

No comments: