Wednesday, June 28, 2006

June 28

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

How much of my life has been spent wallowing in guilt instead of taking action? The program teaches that this sick pleasure is one of the dubious luxuries I cannot afford. If I feel guilty today, I can use that guilt to propel me into action, admitting my fault (Steps Five and Ten) and making amends (Step Nine). When I have done my best to correct what I did, I am free to forgive myself. EA is a program of action, not retrospection. I cannot carry a heavy burden of guilt anymore.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

Let me be clear bout where I was at fault, and fearless and thorough in making amends. Help me to accept the response, even if it is not what I had hoped for.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

To travel lightly through life without the wreckage of the past.

Emotions AnonymousOrder Today

No comments: